Why Antique Coffee Pots Are So Appealing And Desirable

Antique coffee pots are not something that most people would consider for their modern kitchens. There are whole magazines devoted to kitchens with gleaming stainless steel appliances and all of the conveniences they offer. However, there are those who prefer to have a vintage look to their kitchens, collecting appliances from a long past era to adorn it with. For these people, an antique coffee pot makes a great gift.

Coffee Pot

I had never even thought of giving let alone owning one of these treasures. If someone had suggested that I get one, I would have thought that if it couldn't brew my coffee at the touch of a button it would never grace my countertops. That line of thinking changed after rummaging around in the attic of the old house my wife and I just purchased and I found one in an old box. I was going to toss it into the trash pile but remembered that my grandmother collected vintage kitchenware, so I decided to see if it was something she'd like to add to her collection.

Coffee Pot

As I drove to her place, I shook my head in sympathy, wondering how people survived without automatic coffee makers. I felt that they could have at least designed it better. This one was made out of metal and was a long way from its modern attractive cousins. It was only about 6" high, so at least they didn't have to be concerned about taking in too much caffeine back then.

After my grandmother plied me with the obligatory homemade cookies and tea, I showed her the coffee pot. She perked up and took it from me with glee of a child receiving a birthday present. As she looked it over, she pointed out to me that the metal was actually silver and that the design of the pot dated back to the Victorian era. It had the mark of a well known London manufacturer called Goldsmiths Company of London. I couldn't believe it. I had come this close to throwing away a valuable treasure. One that was rich in history and certainly more worthy of display than my modern one. My grandmother got out some silver polish and cloths and cleaned it up. Looking at the transformed pot, I could now see why someone would want to own one. It was really beautiful.

I thanked my grandmother for teaching me the difference between value and cost. My wife and I were planning to redo our old kitchen with all of the modern appliances. My wife shook her head over the cost, but I had insisted. Now I'm going to find away to incorporate the old into the new. I can't wait to see her face when I start dragging her to antique dealers. Grandma will be so proud!

Why Antique Coffee Pots Are So Appealing And Desirable
Coffee Pot

Lg Lcd Hd Tv 32 Lcd Home Surround